In 2022, QC Event School published countless articles that were informative, exciting, and eye-opening for those in the events/wedding industry. However, 10 of those blog articles really seemed to resonate with our readers the most. And with the New Year right around the corner, we thought, hey, why not take a look back at these specific articles and see why people loved them so much?
Table of Content
- 1 The 10 Most Popular QC Event School Blog Articles of 2022
- 1.1 10. Do You Need a License to Be an Event Planner?
- 1.2 9. The Pros and Cons of Working as an Event Planner
- 1.3 8. A Day in the Life of a Florist
- 1.4 7. How to Start an Event Planning Business from Scratch
- 1.5 6. The 10 Must-Have Skills Every Florist Needs
- 1.6 5. How Much Does it Cost to Start an Event Planning Business?
- 1.7 4. 7 Important Skills Every Event Planner Should Have
- 1.8 3. 11 Niche Ideas for an Event Planning Business
- 1.9 2. How to Become an Event Decorator: The Ultimate Guide
- 1.10 1. The 10 Most Profitable Careers in Event Planning
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 Industry Spotlight: Mwai Yeboah
- 4 Event Planning Careers Thrive in These 6 Industries
- 5 Am I Too Old or Too Young to Become an Event Planner?
So, here’s a breakdown of each article and what made it so popular!
The 10 Most Popular QC Event School Blog Articles of 2022
Coming in at #10, this article helped our readers understand the ins and outs of obtaining an event planner license. As event and wedding planners, it’s important to always stay up-to-date on local licensing laws and regulations. So, this article was a great resource for those needing clarification.
Specifically, we take a look at:
- Whether or not you’re REQUIRED to have a license in order to be an event planner;
- Whether or not you need to have a degree;
- The benefits of getting professionally trained and certified in event planning;
- Consequences of not being certified;
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the event planning industry;
- And more!
So, if you’re looking for more information on licensing requirements, this article is a great place to start!
PRO TIP: In as little as 12 short weeks, become a fully trained and internationally-certified International Event and Wedding Planning Professional (IEWP)! Learn more about QC Event School’s self-paced, online Event & Wedding Planning Course and enroll today!
Thinking of starting a career as an event planner – but not sure if it’s the right path for you? Well, this QC Event School article breaks down all of the positives and negatives that come with working in event planning!
In particular, you’ll discover 5 of the biggest benefits of working as an event planner. On the other hand, you’ll also learn about 5 downsides you may not have considered before.
Either way, by the time you’re finished reading, you’ll have a much better understanding of this job path… As well as whether or not it’s suitable for YOU!
This article was quite unique, as it focused on the day-to-day operations of a floral designer/florist. Overall, this QC Event School blog post is a great way to gain insight into the inner workings of this profession – as well as learn more about what it is in general.
If offering floral services is of interest to you, here are some of the things you’ll learn in this article:
- What a florist is and what they do;
- What the hours of a florist are typically like;
- Average salary expectations;
- The stress level of this type of job;
- How to become a florist (even with no experience);
- Whether or not you need a degree to become a florist;
- Pros and cons of working as a florist;
- Running your own floral design business vs. working for someone else;
- What a typical day as a florist looks like;
- And more!
PRO TIP: You can become a globally-certified International Floral Design Professional (IFDP) in as little as 3 months with QC Event School’s self-paced, online Floral Design Course!
In our 7th spot, it’s not hard to see why this QC Event School blog article was one of our most popular ones written in 2022…
If you’re dreaming of starting your own event planning business, this post contains everything you need to know about taking the first steps towards turning that dream into a reality. And yes, this applies even if you have absolutely NO prior experience as an entrepreneur!
We dive into:
- What an event planning entrepreneur can expect to do on a day-to-day basis;
- How to start an event planning business with zero experience;
- How much you should charge for your event planner services;
- Determining which types of services you want to offer clients;
- The 6 simple steps for starting your very own event planning business from the ground up;
- And more!
So, if your New Year’s resolution is to start your own event planner business, make sure to give this article a read! Make 2023 the year you take that leap of faith!
2022 was clearly the year of floral design, as this blog post was also one of the most popular ones published by QC Event School! In it, we take a look at 10 key skills that every florist should have in order to be successful.
And no, we’re not talking about innate talents or any types of degree/certification. Rather, this article takes a look at all the key, learnable skills that you can work on over time.
So, if working as a floral designer is something you’re interested in, this article will help you gain the skills you need to become an expert – from tips on how to choose and combine colors to learning about proper flower care and more!
Right at the halfway mark of our Top 10 list, we have this awesome blog post about the costs associated with starting an event planning business.
Starting up any type of business isn’t cheap, and event planning is no exception! As such, in this article, we cover all the various expenses you’ll likely incur when launching your own event planner venture.
From initial startup fees and software tools to marketing materials and website costs – we cover it all! Plus, you’ll also learn the various ways you can go about saving money in each of these areas.
So, if you want to avoid any nasty surprises down the line, make sure to give this post a read!
Coming in at the 4th spot is this QC Event School post about 7 important skills every event planner should possess in order to be successful long-term. It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting out or have been working as an event planner for a while now – these are all great, useful skills to have!
Specifically, we cover topics such as:
- The 7 elements of event planning;
- The 5 C’s of event management;
- 7 critical skills all event planners need in order to pull off a flawless event;
- Hard skills vs. soft skills in event planning;
- The MOST important skill you need to have as an event planners;
- And tips for improving your event management skill-set.
Thus, as we journey into a brand-new year, why not use this blog post to help brush up on your event planner skills?
Ahh, our Top 3…
In our 3rd most popular spot, this QC Event School article explores the concept of niche marketing. What’s more – we reveal 11 business-savvy niche ideas that you can focus on as an event planner!
If you’re hoping to stand out from the competition and carve your own space in the industry, then this post is most definitely for you! We cover:
- The benefits of having a niche;
- Consumers vs. businesses as your target market;
- How to find your own niche;
- 11 tried-and-true niches that’ll help your event planning business stand out from competitors, book more clients, and command a higher salary!
So, if you need a bit of inspiration for taking your business to new heights in the new year, make sure to check out this post!
Attention aspiring event decorators: you do NOT want to miss out on our 2nd most popular blog post of 2022!
In it, we explore everything you need to know about becoming an event decorator… From the essential skills and qualifications needed in order to be successful to how to find clients and where you can learn more about this specialized area.
This is a must-read post for anyone looking to transition into event decorating and design!
PRO TIP: Check out the full curriculum for QC Event School’s self-paced, online Event Decor Course and discover how YOU can become a certified International Event Decorating Professional (IEDP) in as little as 3-6 months!
And without further ado, our most popular post of the year is…
We knew this article would be a hit – but we NEVER expected it to blow up the way it did!
This QC Event School feature reveals the 10 most lucrative careers that you can pursue in event planning. From corporate event planner to wedding planner and all points in-between – there are plenty of fantastic career options out there, each with its own unique salary!
Moreover, we also take a look at what kind of qualifications these professions typically require, as well as expected salary ranges per career path.
So, at the end of the day – no matter your experience level or where you’re currently located – if you’ve been wondering what kind of income is possible within the event planning field, then this blog post is for YOU!
We hope that our collection of popular posts from 2022 will help to guide and motivate you in your own event planning journey! Whether you’re just starting out or well-established – there’s something for everyone in our top 10 list.
Remember: no matter what, always keep learning and keep growing. Put yourself out there, take risks, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. After all, these are all essential elements of a successful event planner!
Lastly, from the bottom of our hearts, we at QC Event School thank you for taking the time to read our content. Without you, none of this would be possible!
Happy New Year and best of luck in all your future event planning endeavors!
Start YOUR journey in the wedding and events industry! Turn that New Year’s resolution into a REALITY in as little as 12 short weeks by enrolling with QC Event School today!
Industry Spotlight: Mwai Yeboah
Mwai Yeboah is the founder of the destination wedding planning boutique, Love From Mwai, located in the United Kingdom. As the lead planner and designer, she helps luxury and lifestyle clients from all around the globe turn their weddings and events into immersive experiences! It’s with great honor and excitement that we welcome Mwai to […]
Event Planning Careers Thrive in These 6 Industries
Am I Too Old or Too Young to Become an Event Planner?